NFTE is hosting FREE entrepreneurship camps this summer for students, 14 – 18 yrs old.
- Girls Tech Camp June 15th – June 26th
- Tech BizCamp June 15th – June 26th
- BizCamp (general business) July 13th – July 24th
Where: St. Louis University’s John Cook School of Business
Time: 8:00am until 4:30pm
Grade level: High School students
Length of Camp: 2 weeks Monday- Friday
Camp activities include:
- Classroom lessons: NFTE’s curriculum covers a range of topics such as return on investment, supply and demand, opportunity recognition, and marketing.
- Field Trips: Students visit local wholesale districts or discount stores, participate in selling events, and meet local entrepreneurs.
- Guest speakers: Entrepreneurs and business professionals bring the outside world into the classroom, presenting on various topics to complement lessons being taught throughout the course.
- Business plan competition: Students present their business plans to a panel of judges, and compete for seed capital.
The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship links young people to “real life” by teaching them the fundamentals of starting a business and planning for success.
NFTE provides a high-quality, meaningful entrepreneurship education experience for high school students in St. Louis. The program provides young people with the tools to see and grasp opportunity all around them and to build a future brighter than they had ever before imagined.
Every NFTE student gets a “mini-MBA”. Through key program elements, NFTE opens young peoples’ eyes to a world of opportunity and teaches them to find their path to success.