$200 PRIZE FOR THE WINNERS!
Drop off your one page poem at the Ferguson Library Auditorium
35 N. Florissant Rd., Ferguson, MO 63135
Saturday, May 16, 2015 between the hours of
- (1) page TYPED poem on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper
- 500 words maximum
- Topic or theme must be about FERGUSON
- Type your first & last name on the poem
- Contestants do not have to live in Ferguson to participate
- Must be between the ages of 13-18 years old to participate. One winner from each age group (Group #1)13-15yrs (Group #2) 16-18yrs
Poem can be about your view of Ferguson before August 2014, after August 2014, the present state of Ferguson, your view of the future of Ferguson, or any other perspective you may have.
Your thoughts, unique perspective and interpretations are encouraged and important. Poems can represent any point of view. Winners will be determined by I.C.E.
YOUR POEM WILL BE FEATURED IN A BOOK OF STUDENT POETRY IF YOU WISH TO SUBMIT IT
Award presentation will be held on Saturday, May, 23, 2015 at 12:30pm in the Ferguson Library Auditorium. (Winners will be notified prior to May 23rd)
Contest sponsored by the Institute for Community Economics