Ferguson Youth Advisory Board members provide insight and feedback on issues relating to youth in the community. They are the official youth voice of FYI and help determine how we use our energies and resources to benefit the public. FYAB members receive perks, including free admission to all FYI events, discounts on FYI apparel, and special access to adventure activities and job opportunities. They are also eligible for the Gail Babcock Scholarship in their senior year.
Current Board Members include:
- Cynthia Nathan – President
- Toria Davis – Vice President
- Kaleah Booker – Secretary
- Maddie Evans
- Kevin Neely
- Noah Shively
- Jenna Tracey
- Raghib Muhammad – Adult Adviser
- Adrian Shropshire – Adult Adviser
- Cindy Panosh – City Representative
- Heather Robinett – City Council Representative
The board meets the 1st Monday of every month at 6pm in the FYI Youth Lounge (106 Church Street, Ferguson MO 63135); enter through the back of Ferguson City Hall.
History: On July 26, 2011, the City of Ferguson City created a Youth Advisory Board to facilitate the involvement of the young people of the community in government processes, in order to receive a youth perspective on issues which affect the city as a whole.
Ferguson Youth Advisory Board (FYAB) requirements:
- composed of eight (8) to ten (10) student members
- five (5) adult non-voting advisory members.
- Members shall have resided within the city limits of Ferguson? or be eligible to attend a school within the FergFlor S.D.
- Members must continue to meet these requirements throughout his or her term
- Members must have completed the 7th grade
- Members shall have neither graduated from high school nor reach his or her nineteenth (19th) birthday
Join the Board.
- Read a copy of our November 2010 Youth Summit report to find out what Ferguson youth think of their community.